The members’ section provides access to newsletters, group meeting information, events, documents, templates and policies. This is also a portal for paying membership fees and editing your profile.
Members are friendly and supportive and will support you to achieve your goals. Whatever anxiety you’re feeling about taking this step, rest assured, many others have felt the same. Members aged fifteen and over are welcome to join our organisation.
Membership Benefits include
- Develop your speaking skills and become an articulate and confident woman
- Learn communication skills to participate fully in family, social, business, education and community activities
- Be a confident public speaker
- Create and accept opportunities within the workplace
- Be confident to embrace new opportunities and responsibilities
- Meet and connect with like-minded women
- Feel valued for who you are
- Be your authentic self
- Learn from leaders who are passionate about Speaking Made Easy and your learning
- Learn at group workshops, learning days, events and conventions
- Learn the art of speech preparation
- Listen to interesting stories and speeches
- Practise speaking skills in a safe, non-judgmental, friendly and supportive environment
- Practise speeches, presentations, giving effective opinions, participating in discussions using your conversation skills
- Share the gift of speaking up and speaking out. As you learn and practise, you assist other women.
- Obtain leadership skills by taking on roles at group, regional and national levels
- Develop friendships across Australia
- Belong to a national community
The Aims and Objects of The Penguin Club of Australia Inc trading as Speaking Made Easy are as follows:
- The Penguin Club of Australia Inc is non-political and non-sectarian.
- Members of the club shall at all times defend freedom of speech in the community.
- Members shall not be silent in public when they ought to speak nor be disloyal to their convictions when they do speak.
- They shall speak at all Club functions when called upon to do so.
- To encourage and develop among it’s members the art of public speaking, communication skills and competence in chairmanship and meeting procedure.
- To foster a love for and the correct usage of the English language.
- To uphold cultural ideals.
- To uphold the aims and objects of the club at regular meetings during which public speaking, communication skills, chairmanship and meeting procedure shall be studied and practised under the guidance of an accredited Adviser.
- To encourage loyal friendship and understanding among its members.